A diagnosis of any potential life changing / life limiting will have a psychological impact upon the person, their family, their friends, their workplace and the framing of living life.
A diagnosis should not be seen as a closure, there are a range of things to consider:
- The robustness of the diagnosis process (might there be other conditions it could be)
- Try to establish have far the progression is of your condition
- Plan for your life, and don't let Fahr's diagnosis be a bar to living life
- Identify a good neurological centre for your ongoing care (this will vary depending upon where you live)
- Be logical in your approach and do not be afraid to ask the doctor for more information to establish what they know, or to go over what they have previously told you